Desborough is a rapidly expanding and changing town situated in Northamptonshire, with 8045 electors (1st February 2016). An additional 700 homes are planned to be provided over the next few years as identified in the Rothwell & Desborough Area Action Plan 2009 produced by Kettering Borough Council. Key sites within the town have also been identified by the Borough Council for regeneration as detailed in the Desborough Urban Design Framework 2004. In addition Desborough "Greenspace" is 22 hectares of land designated as a public open space.Desborough is one of the founding 12 members of the Charter of European Communities and through this has links with 26 other EU members. Through the Desborough and District Twinning Association the town is twinned with Neuville de Poitou in France and with Bievre in Belgium.
Desborough Town Council has committed, on behalf of the town, to the development of aNeighbourhood Plan for Desborough (known as Desborough Town Plan). This plan will help local people shape development within their community and establish general planning policies for the development and use of land in the town.
Desborough Town Council has a small budget for the award of grants which are awarded to local groups annually in May and October.
The Desborough Annual Parish Meeting is being held on Thursday 27th April at 7pm at Desborough Town Council Offices.
This will be an informal gathering.
The Desborough Town Council Annual Meeting will be held as normal on Thursday 18th May at 7pm in the Library.
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 10:36 by James McKechnie
Desborough Town Council currently have a vacancy for a Councillor to represent the Loatland Ward. Due to the fact that, the election criteria was not met and that the statutory notice period has now ended, Desborough Town Council will proceed to fill the vacancy through Co-option.
- Are you interested in local current affairs?
- Do you wish to serve your Community?
- Could you provide a voice for residents? More »
The person co-opted would need to meet just ONE of the below to be approved as a candidate for a contested election.
These are as follows :-
• Registration as an elector for the Town ward
• Owner or tenant of land in the Town ward for twelve months previously
• Principal or only place of work in the Town ward for twelve months previously
• Residence in the Town ward for twelve months previously
• Residence within 4.8 kilometres (3 miles) of the Town ward for twelve months previously
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 13:50 by James McKechnie
Piling work for the Overhead Line Equipment (OLE) is due to begin on Saturday 13th May between Kettering and Corby and continue in this area until the autumn.
This is for the foundations for the masts which will carry the electric wires once the line is electrified.
Before the piling work begin Network Rail are holding a series of public events within our community to share further information about piling, how the work may affect you and answer any questions you may have. More »
The first piling events will be held on:
- Saturday 6th May at The Newlands Shopping Centre, Gold Street, Kettering from 9.30 to 16.00
- Tuesday 9th May at The West Glebe Sports Centre on Cottingham Road, Corby from 15.30 to 18.30
- Wednesday 17th May at Brook Weston Academy on Coomb Road, Corby from 18.00 to 21.00 » Less
Mon, 24 Apr 2017 11:43 by James McKechnie